Spectacular South Africa - Summer 2020
Spectacular South Africa – Summer 2020
A showcase of beautiful wildernesses, eclectic cultures, warm hospitality and rich heritage, this journey will take you from cosmopolitan Cape Town into the heart of Big Five territory. Uncover the history of South Africa, while luxuriously travelling like the intrepid explorers of the past. Meet extraordinary local characters, and taste the Cape’s finest wines and culinary delights. Your journey concludes with a three-day safari in the Sabi Sands, known for having one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species.
- Cape Town: Enjoy a dazzling Welcome Dinner, hosted at The Azure restaurant. Boasting unrivalled views of the harbour and Table Mountain, The Azure offers traditional fine dining inspired by the diverse cuisine brought to South Africa by its early settlers. Taste some of the Cape’s top wines, as you drink a toast to your journey ahead.
- Cape Point: You’re invited to an exquisite lunch with wine at the elegant Harbour House in Kalk Bay, bringing you as close as possible to the water as you admire views of False Bay and the Hottentots Mountain Range.
- Cape Winelands: One of the oldest and grandest wine estate’s in the Cape, Vergelegen boasts lovely gardens and a stunning Cape Dutch manor house. Explore the grounds and enjoy a private wine tasting hosted by the estate’s winemaker in a private cellar.
- Cape Winelands: Lunch Farm-to-Table style served at The Werf Restaurant in Boschendal Wine Estate, one of the oldest farms in the country.
- Kruger National Park: After your evening game drive, raise a glass to your travels as you savour your Celebration Dinner beneath a blanket of stars.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 5 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Cape Peninsula: Embark on one of the world’s most legendary drives, journeying from the city centre along the Cape Peninsula towards Cape Point.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: As you wander along the trails, be sure to stay alert for your chance to catch a glimpse of the abundant wildlife that live here, including reebok, Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok and the elusive eland.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: Explore Boulders Beach and learn about the surrounding flora and fauna, including local residents, a colony of African Penguins. Learn about the surrounding flora and fauna, including local residents, a colony of African penguins.
- Table Mountain: Enjoy a ride to the summit of Table Mountain on the famous cable car with 360-degree views of the Mother City. At the top, enjoy a private drink reception and marvel at the African sunset.
- Cape Winelands: Take a scenic drive through fertile wine valleys of the Cape.
- Winelands: Relax and enjoy a scenic drive as you are chauffeured back to your hotel in a vintage car.
- Robben Island: Journey by ferry to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Robben Island, best known for its prison where Nelson Mandela and many other famous anti-apartheid activists were imprisoned.
- Robben Island: Join a Local Expert for an insightful tour of the former prison and meet an ex-political prisoner who shares personal anecdotes as you explore.
- Cape Town: Visit the Amy Foundation, a non-profit organisation in Cape Town. Witness how the lives of young people are being transformed through empowering programmes when you visit an African township and school to meet some of the beneficiaries.
- Kruger National Park: Keep an eye out for the Big Five, as you embark on a three-day safari with six game-drives in a private, open-air safari vehicle. More than just animal spotting, you will learn about this delicate ecosystem and how all inhabitants, great and small, influence and affect their surrounding environment.
- Kruger National Park: Situated in the Sabi Sands, which boasts one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species, the Lion Sands Lodges offer, luxury suites with private decks and plunge pools, and an open-air lounge and dining area overlooking the Sabie River.
- Cape Town: Join Christo Brand, a former prison guard at the Victor Verster prison – where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his 27-year-long imprisonment – for lunch at the Amy Foundation and hear fascinating stories about one of history’s most heroic figures.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included flight to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Welcome to the Mother City.
Cape Peninsula and Lunch in Cape Point.
Majestic Table Mountain.
Historic Cape Winelands.
Amy Foundation and Robben Island.
Luxury Safari Experience.
Looking for the Big Five.
We're going on a Safari.
Farewell South Africa.